Yesterday, Walt Disney Imagineering held a panel at Expo D23 giving an inside look at the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (SEA). At the panel, author Julie Kagawa’s second SEA novel was announced – Shinji Takahashi: Heart of the Storm.
What is happening:
- High-tech sorcery, old-world legends, and a little Disney magic shine in Shinji Takahashi: Heart of the Stormthe second book in the Society of Explorers and Adventurers series by renowned bestselling author Julie Kagawa.
- As Shinji struggles to understand and control his new Guardian Magic, the members of SEA learn that a sunken ship belonging to the long-lost Natia people has been found at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Shinji, Lucy, and Tinker, along with Oliver Ocean and Phoebe Mystic, an eccentric and enthusiastic magic expert who has been called in to help Shinji, set off to check out the wreckage, hoping to get there before the Hightower Corporation unable to loot the site, and pick up a young stowaway named Roux along the way.
- But nothing goes as planned, and when Shinji accidentally awakens a guardian who’s been hiding on a mysterious island and trapped inside a volcano for a century, he causes a volcanic eruption and unleashes a massive hurricane that threatens all. the California coast. Now Shinji must learn to control his powers and overcome his fears so he can stop the destruction and regain SEA’s trust before it’s too late.
- Shinji Takahashi: Heart of the Storm will be released on April 18, 2023 and is available for pre-order from your favorite retailer now. Here is the Amazon link.
- This follows the first book in the series, Shinji Takahashi and the Coatl Mark. Check out Bill’s review of the first SEA novel.