5 Big Differences Between The Classroom Of The Elite Light Novel And The Anime
What are the main differences between the Classroom of the Elite light novel and the anime?
Elite class is a light novel series released from 2015 to 2019 that was finally adapted into an anime in 2017. But which version is the best? What are the main differences between Elite class light novel and anime what should fans know?
Elite class season 2 premiered in July 2022 and the third season is slated to release in 2023. There has been some debate over which platform is better given that there are fans of the light novel who claim that the original medium is the best.
Of course, anime viewers don’t totally agree with this. For those who can’t decide yet, these differences might help.
Related: Elite class Point system explained
Suzune is not the main heroine of the light novel.
In the first season of Elite classit appeared that Suzune was the main heroine as she is the one most often with Ayanokoji.
However, the same couldn’t be said for the light novel. There are different girls who can interact with Ayanokoji.
These scenes were either skipped or replaced with Suzune. An example was the pool scene, where some boys wanted to film girls changing. Ayanokoji would work this out with Kei, but the anime made it look like it was Suzune.
Ayanokoji’s thought processes are not included in the anime.
Ayanokoji’s thought process intrigued the Elite class light novel readers. It also helped readers understand it better.
The anime didn’t have this but did include some of Ayanokoji’s monologues to explain certain situations and thoughts.
Because of this, the interpretation of Ayanojoki’s personality also changed. In the light novel, since there is more about his thoughts, his character development was seen.
He started out as a college student who only cared about not making friends which grew over time. But in the anime, the narration is much less important and only focuses on what’s going on rather than what he’s thinking.
Ayanokoji’s personality is different from the anime and light novel.
The Ayanokoji light novel has a light and comedic side. The psychic made him appear like a normal high schooler with normal teenage issues.
This was also adopted in the manga version of the series with a touch of him being more expressive.
On the other hand, the anime had a different take on her character. The anime focused on its aloof side. This medium made him seem like a detached character who has a constant understanding of his abilities.
Some scenes have been changed in the anime.
Although there are many scenes that have been changed in the Elite class anime, some of the most notable are:
- Suzune organized a second study group but the anime showed that she only gave her notes to Sudo.
- Manabu Horikita was supposed to drop Suzune to the ground instead of hitting her.
- Ayanokoji, Suzune, and Sae had a discussion in the teacher’s room after class 1D failed.
- Kakeru Ryeun asking Yamada to beat Daichi is an anime original.
- Sakura faced her stalker alone and the latter was able to leave without being arrested.
- Arisu, who people assumed was from the white room, made an appearance in season 1 when she was supposed to appear in volume 5 (the first season was only covered up to volume 3).
The order of the story was changed in the anime.
As mentioned before, a character like Arisu should be introduced in the later part of the series but she was already in the first season. There are also other changes in the chronological order of the story.
Some of these changes are:
- The introduction of Manabu Horikita. He should appear after Ayanokoji and Suzune go to the student club fair.
- Kushida’s dark side should have appeared after Suzune’s study group failed and not after Sudo was saved by Ayanoki and Suzune.
- The White Room is mentioned in the Volume 5 light novel but was mentioned in the first season of the anime.
Although there are differences between the two mediums, the preference will always depend on the person.
Both outlets have their own take on the story, but whether that will depend on the overall look of Elite classthen the light novel is the better version given that it is the original medium and contains a more in-depth explanation of the characters.
Related: Where to read Elite class online light novels